Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Time Flies!

Holy cow it's been awhile!
Well since last post I have been to the State Fair in Puyallup with HotRod, started school, been all over and busy. That's why there haven't been many posts.
State Fair was an interesting experience this go around. I went in 2009 then decided the hoops weren't worth it the next year and decided to just do it this year. So HotRod, mom and I went! I earned a red ribbon in my fit and show because I messed on my "quartering system" I was upset :( then in my English class I earned a blue ribbon. I was very please with HotRod, he moved out very well for me. Then in trail we had one of our cleanest goes of the year! I was so happy with my boy! The next night, yes warming up in the dark is very icky. HotRod and I had western equitation. We battled through with the naughty horses and strange flashing lights outside to get a blue ribbon and called to return for the championship round! I was so nervous I thought I was going to throw up! My grin had to be from ear to ear! All I wanted was to return in on of my classes and I got my goal! HotRod could have cared less. So I went back to the barn and learned my pattern. I was not going to mess this up. Then they called for all the riders in the championship round to return to the show ring to perform one at a time the written pattern. HotRod and I were in the middle of the group. We went. Then the rest of the riders and they had us line up in the center of the ring. They called the placings starting with eighth. They called sixth place and my number! I was flabbergasted! To actually place was so exciting! Oh I was so happy and proud of my HotRod at that moment I almost cried! The next morning we rode our bareback class for a blue ribbon. At 2 that afternoon we cleaned stalls, hooked up trailers and headed home. I had a decent trip.

I started school on September 19 at Big Bend Community College in Moses Lake. Things have gone extremely well! I am passing all my classes and enjoying it so much! Just driving that far everyday is fairly tiring. Especially now that we have snow on the ground. My inner granny comes out heehee. I am not one for rushing in the snow. My 50 min drive turned into an hour and ten minutes. The freeway was horrible then Dodson Road was disastrous. I can't spell, sorry.

On November 5th my parents and I were out doing yard work and HotRod came to the fence. So I took him a carrot. He kept hanging around so I thought "hey I should get on you!". My mom said she wouldn't give me a leg up because she knew it would end bad. So my dad gave me a leg up. I mean it's HotRod, we trust him, he's easy going. I was bareback and bridless in the pasture with the other two horses. I tested my starts and stops. They worked. I asked HotRod to walk forward, but Daisy was there and kind of jumped and all three horses took off running. Then HotRod bucked, I went sky high and then landed on my left side on the frozen pasture ground. Oh it hurt. I laid there scared to move. I'd hit my elbow and hip pretty hard. My parents came over and HotRod came RUNNING back to me. He was so worried, kept grabbing at me with his mouth trying to get me to do something. My parents got me to roll over onto my back. Then helped me up. I couldn't bare any weight on my left leg and thought I was going to throw up. So dad brought out his little red truck to get. HotRod was still right by me, worried as ever. They got me into the truck and dad drove me to the house. Mom got me inside and I sat for about an hour to calm down. After that I still went pale and was nauseous when I put weight on my leg so off to the walk-in clinic my and I went. They got me in a room and then down to x-ray. They MADE me ride in a wheelchair, that was horrible. Got my x-rays back with nothing broken thankfully. The doctor was worried my hip or pelvis would have something wrong from where the pain was. I was so happy nothing was broke or cracked or anything. So now today, the 16th my elbow is still bruised, left hip still sore, probably 5inch across bruise on my thigh and a couple higher. Hurt to touch and riding is a bit painful too. That was an exciting day. Needless to say I learned my lesson about bareback and bridless in the the pasture with other horses.

I am really looking forward to having a week off from school for my birthday, oh I mean Thanksgiving(;

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment